back yard cook off
By completing the registration form below, you agree to the above Terms & Conditions, as well as the rules and details listed below.
• Entry fee per team is $125 if paid by July 31. $150 after Aug. 1.
• Sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society
• Check-In Times: Friday, August 25 6pm-8pm OR Saturday, August 26 6am-7am.
• All contestants must attend a mandatory cooks meeting Saturday, August 26 at 7:30am. Meat inspection will follow immediately after cooks meeting. Meat must be in original packaging or vacuumed sealed.
NO pre-seasoning, marinating or cooking prior to event. Meat may be trimmed.
• Meat must be cooked on site wood, charcoal or wood pellets are acceptable (See KCBS rules for details).
• Two categories: Ribs and Chicken (contestants must participate in both).
• Entries will be judged on appearance, taste, and texture (KCBS Cooking & Judging Rules apply).
• Contestant must provide meat, power, water and any necessary supplies and equipment. Power is not supplied by event.
• If using a generator, please understand that the generator must be 70dB or less.
• If a contestant wishes to be a vendor, a vendor fee of $50 will be required. No contestant shall vend food or merchandise unless authorized. Contestants may also enter People’s Choice
• Judging begins at 4pm (Chicken due at 4pm, Ribs due at 4:30pm). Awards announced at 6pm.
• Trophies awarded to Grand Champion, Reserve Grand, and 1st/2nd/3rd place finishers in each category.
Prize money: Grand Champion ($500), Reserve Grand ($300), Payout to top five winners of each category as follows: 1st ($250), 2nd ($200), 3rd ($150), 4th ($125), 5th ($100).